Moon Explorers Classroom
Goals of our care team for the Moon Explorers class:
- Work together daily to create a climate of mutual respect for each child by showing interest in their ideas, experiences, and products.
- To strongly support children’s needs for physical movement and development, sensory stimulation, and making sure they are getting plenty of fresh air, rest and nourishment.
- To organize space and carefully select materials designed to stimulate exploration, experimentation and discovery.
- To provide care to and develop interpersonal relationships with each child by being attentive and offering consistent comfort in a supportive, culturally sensitive environment.
- Help every child develop socially appropriate behaviors by noticing and
- Responding to their verbal and nonverbal cues and by allowing them to interact with children of different ages.
- Adhering to an individualized routine to help with their self-awareness, language, and social interaction.
- Make ourselves available to encourage their interests and curiosities about the world so that we can develop strategies and activities that will enhance their learning experiences.
- Strive daily to create a setting in which children of differing abilities can progress to toward increasing levels of autonomy, empathy, and responsibility.
- We will notice each child’s patterns of behavior and provide thoughtful, consistent, and individualized responses.